Sending Your Digital Files
File Transfer Instructions
lf you’ve been here before and are ready to send your images right now, go to the bottom of this page and begin uploading.
Need to send us files for assessment for printability?
Did one of our Customer Service Pros ask you to send files?
Are you placing a phone order or using our Custom Order Form and need to send files?
You can always send files the old old-fashioned way – on a CD, DVD or thumb drive sent through the mail. But there’s a better, faster and free way – through Fine Print Imaging’s FTP (File Transfer Protocol) service. Sending us your files has never been easier – and more secure! If this is your first time with us, you might want to talk to one of our customer service reps before you get going.
If you are here to place your order, you’ll need to go to:
Key Elements in Preparing your files for printing
If any of the info below reads like gibberish to you, give us a call: 970-484-9650. We’ll walk you through it.
1. Set your “Document” width and height to your desired output size – at 240 to 300ppi.
2. Convert to Adobe RGB (1998) working space.
3. Do not apply any printer profiles. We’ll take care of that. If you are comfortable using Photoshop or Lightroom, we do have ICC profiles available so that you can “Soft-proof” and make sore that your print will turn out the way you want. Go Here.
4. Save files as tiffs, layers flattened.
To send your files!
Use our easy file uploader below!
- Simply drag your files into the box the says “Drag files anywhere.” Alternately, you may click the “MY COMPUTER” button in the file upload widget. This takes you to your hard drive where you can select your Picture Folder and click on the image you want to upload. If you need to add more files, just select “ADD MORE FILES.”
- Put your Name/Business Name and Phone Number in the Subject field.
- Enter your Email Address.
- Enter your details in the Message Field. How large a print do you want? What material will you print on? What do you want to know about your file?
- When you are ready, hit the “UPLOAD” button.